POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Help - Howto animate from multi-images : Re: Help - Howto animate from multi-images Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help - Howto animate from multi-images
From: David Greaves
Date: 28 Sep 1998 18:29:01
Message: <360FFE1A.5F7E9358@telekinesys.co.uk>
Well, I'm replying to my own message here :)

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I rendered the glsbng images to create 60 .bmp files by opening the
C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.1\scenes\animate\boing\glsbng.ini
file in POV Ray 3.1 the doing a 'Run' - an hour or so later (I didn't hang about!!) I
had 60
.bmp files.

I then used Paint Shop Pro 4.12 to batch convert the .bmp files to .tga
(http://www.jasc.com)
I used the 'Batch convert' option in the file menu - pretty easy really!

Then I used ANIMATE to convert the tga files to an animated  .gif
(http://members.xoom.com/amcfarlane/)
the command "animate gls*.tga"
produced a great looking animated gif!!
(And the docs are about 1 page long!!)

It did have some pixel sparkle round the brick joins - I think I used anti-aliasing.
Maybe I'll try it later and see if it looks better without AA...

Ta Ken, I did download Main Actor but it looked pretty OTT for my initial
requirements!!
(I spent a few minutes with it but it seemed to require each frame to be dragged and
dropped
into position - dead slow!! - Mind, I haven't read the docs yet.)

You may want to add the comments above to your animation FAQ/Tutorial
I needed quick gratification..... hmm, I wonder if that means I'm going to have some
problems with raytracing... maybe I'll start asking daft questions like "Why *can't*
you use
GL" ...

David

PS. I know the answer - I used to work for SGI before they became an NT shop ;)
(and yes I used to get to play in the Reality Centre 8] )